Monday, March 17, 2008

StarCityGames

My program got mentioned on StarCityGames. The articles says

The other problem is the woeful AI. Frankly, in all of the games I have played with Forge, I have only lost one, once, to mana screw. I have never lost to the AI.
But he also ends the article saying,
Of all of these programs, I have the highest hopes for Forge, but it will still take some work. Like I said, it is updated regularly. I am writing this on Wednesday, February 27, and the last update was yesterday. He is supposedly working on MTG Forge 2.0, with a new engine, so we will see how things go.
I guess I have to take the good with the bad, lol. At least he didn't mention the gui. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't take it too hard, his slant on the article was mostly focused on replacing MODO. It would be nice to have a more user-friendly free alternative to play Magic with other human players. And I believe Forge is only a few steps away from it, honestly.

But the kick is, that if such an animal existed, then surely Wizards would have an issue with it. Forge offers an experience that they probably didn't even consider or see a way to profit from it enough....

Keep up the good work.. I'm about to grab the latest version, and I'm stoked!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Nanocore said...

While Magic is a good social game, having versions that offer human to human play certainly expands the opportunity to play. However, the this is the one aspect that makes Forge stand out is that it doesn't require another person to play. Hopefully, this will continue, as there needs to be at least some effort to have a human versus computer variant out there.

Unknown said...

I came here after seeing the StarCity article. It looks like the sourceforge project is not available. Is there a new repository? I'd like to try this out on my Mac.

Forge said...

Yeah MTG Forge is definitely not a MODO replacement. It is more like a fun variation. MTG Forge for me is one big experiment. I really enjoy Magic but I guess I get my feelings hurt when I losing to a real, human opponent. I was also always jelous of people who could afford all those rare cards.

Forge said...

Thanks for saying my blog is interesting. At first I had like 5 hits a day, and I wasn't sure if I would keep writing.