Friday, July 3, 2009

Videogame - Plants vs Zombies

I have to tell you about this casual, strategy videogame that enthralled me for six hours this week. PopCap’s Plants vs. Zombies pits you against a horde of zombies that are trying to reach your house and eat your brain. Your goal is to use a variety of plants, aka cannons, to destroy the zombies. There are a variety of plants that you can use with a total of 49.

The zombies also come in 26 different varieties such as zombie quarterback, cone on head (tougher than your average zombie), or my favorite the Michael Jackson, thriller zombie that sports a flashy red jacket and summons backup dancers. The difficulty starts easy and then slowly keeps pushing you. Each level is beautifully designed. As a fellow programmer I can tell the A LOT of time went into this videogame.

Plants vs Zombies Homepage

3 comments:

Plachow said...

I'm playing it from last week, its amazing and funny game. My wife completed it yesterday.
Btw. I think authors should smoke a bit less ganja :-))

David said...

I enjoyed the game a lot and played about 80% of it, then all of a sudden my save file got deleted. Obviously a bug, and if you google for this you get lots of hits of people with the same problem. The resolution is always [back up some random directory beneath the Steam folder], prior to the game deciding to delete your save file. Duh.

Forge said...

Ouch that your save file was deleted. (I always say that programming is very hard.)

I've finished the game once and now I have a "zen garden" that I water. I'm slowly working myself through the game again because you get flowers for your garden.