Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Postmortem – what went right?

Actually practically everything went right. Sometimes there is a random error message related to the interaction of 2 cards. I find most of those errors and I am able to fix them. The gameplay is addictive, at least I think so, and I regularly play it for 30 minutes or more. You can make and store you deck, which some people might say is a given, but it required some programming, nothing comes free.

The computer AI (artificial intelligence) seems smart enough. Although it sometimes makes a dumb play mistake, usually is seems challenging. I often play in sealed deck mode, and have the program generate both of our deck, games regularly last 10 or more turns. When I play sealed games, I am able to win 90% of the time. I still enjoy seeing the computer beat me over the head with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker or Elvish Fury. You are also able to draft in my game, which I think is a cool feature. It is a really different way to play Magic, but really fun.

No comments: